WOW .. What a big week it has been for Chase!
On Friday the twins Tyler and Zach (7 weeks old) came for a visit! It was their mommy's first time going out with them "solo". We had a great dinner and the Daddies even made an appearance on a break from work! .. They had to take their dessert to go :) I think overall it was a success!
On Saturday before his nap Chase figured out how to stand up in his crib ...but not how to get himself down from standing. He fell over a couple of times and hit his little head on the crib rails :( I knew this was going to happen - maybe not this fast - but I knew. I read on some "mommy" internet forums that the best thing to do is to literally push them over! Babies essentially need to be "trained" to properly fall down and practice makes perfect!
So I thought ... Training!... This is an area I am familiar with! So when Monkey Man stood up we would gently push him or just pull his hands off whatever he was holding on to so he would fall. - When I told Bree what we should do she was like " so you want me to push your kid down" haha... But it was completely controlled and someone was always right there to make sure he didn't crash too hard.
![]() |
| How we found him at the lake house |
And sure enough! within a day he had learned the sit on his butt and control his fall ... I am so proud :)
It is so wild to walk into his room and see his little face peering over the crib ... my big boy... **tear**
"Did he just???......"
Mike, Chase and I went to the Lake house this past "weekend". The boys had work to do on the upstairs bathroom and we were going to attempt to take maternity photos for Jeannine (which ended up turning out awesome.. I will post them with her permission :) and Chase gets some quality Grandma and Grandpa time.
Anyways, Chase was playing on his Stand and Go Lion (which has made it to the "must take" list) jabbering away.. and out of the jabbered mess of sounds came a very clear "Daaa-Deee". The three of us in the room just looked at each other like "Did he just say Daddy?" I of course wanted a second take to believe what I heard was an actual word and not just a fluke... but when Mike appeared at the top of that stairs a second "Daa-Dee" slipped out... two little syllables that made Daddy's head swell and Mommy's heart break :(Here was the show after the big first word! ... Let me know if you hear any other real words mixed in there :)
Last week .. sweet little baby
This week .. standing, talking little man
Next week.... driving? dating?????


No comments:
Post a Comment