So this year we all went down to Ft. Myers Beach, FL for "Christmas". Being that we are both government shift workers and the possibility of us ever having Christmas Day off together is non-existent we have adapted ... and forced our family too as well for that matter... anyway I digress.
For weeks I had severe anxiety about the airplane ride and being "that" person with the inconsolable child. Expecting Chase to have a total meltdown, everyone on the plane to hate me and the emergency landing halfway so they could kick us off.... So I read everything I could find and talked to fellow moms arming myself with a plethora of knowledge about infants on airplanes. When the time came I was "prepared" ... I gave him 1/2 a dose of Tylenol for his ears, a brand new toy he had never seen before to distract him, a pacifier to help his ears pop, boppy pillow in place for an emergency feeding.. the works.
When we took off I actually braced myself for the oncoming explosion I was sure was going to happen.... and NOTHING. Chase could have cared LESS .. he was more interested in playing with the tray table than balancing the pressure in his inner ears. And 10 minutes in he passed out and slept the rest of the flight.... sigh..
So he was no less than a perfect angel on the airplane, we actually had comments from those around us about how adorable and well behaved he was... go figure.
At BWI airport 0630 Hrs
Chase and Mommy on the Jetway
Let's get this show on the road!
We had a great time in Ft Myers, my parents have a beautiful condo that is fastly becoming our "winter" spot. Not to mention the Philadelphia Phillies have their spring training camp there. The weather was in the 80's so my Dad and I got to run everyday and we all went for quite a few walks with little man...
We traveled out to Sanibel Island to take family photos on the beach. Chase loved the sand! ... until he put it in his mouth... then an emergency sand removal head-tip-bottled-water flush was necessary.. thank goodness we all survived :) Mike was able to get some awesome pics with the help from his tripod :)
The trip back went very smoothly as well. We hope to make this a yearly tradition... much better than going to upstate NY inDecember :)








No comments:
Post a Comment