So since Chase has been on solids I have been making all of his pureed meals. I have often been asked what my methods are as well as being told "you know they sell that stuff in jars right"? So of course the new found blogger in me wants to map it all out! It is so easy and I truly do enjoy it.
Starting with
1 pound of organic chicken breasts, boiled, cooled and shredded
2 cups of brown rice boiled soft, cooled and drained
2 large organic sweet potatoes - baked at 400 degrees for one hour, cooled, peeled, and sliced into chunks
Fill food processor with equal parts of chicken, rice and sweet potato - add cooking water from chicken for easier pureeing - Puree on high for about 30 seconds
Spoon into ice cube trays and VOILA! 48 servings of organic homemade chicken, brown rice, sweet potato dinner for baby boy.. no preservatives / additives and I know exactly whats in it :) I will freeze these cubes, pop them out and store them in ziploc bags in the freezer.
And if the homemade food wasn't awesome enough .. check out the cost margin!
1 lb (3 breasts) Organic Chicken from Wegmans - $11.00
2 large Organic Sweet Potatoes from Wegmans - $2.00
1 cup dry Brown Rice - $ .30
Total - $13.30 approx $0.28 a serving
Earth's Best Organic Chicken dinners are $1.19 each
Store Bought Cost = $ 57.12
Homeade = $ 13.30
______________________
Savings = $43.82
I have also done pureed apples, pears, baked apricots, blueberries, peas, green beans and carrots.....And baby boy was in the kitchen helping mommy!

umm ... can you schedule a training class for me, please!!
ReplyDelete